Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Perfect Fit

I was running with a couple of people this morning and realized that the young man and the young woman in our small group were perfect for one another.  The same religion, the same interest in running, chatting easily with one another.  No baggage.  But will they realize what I see?  I cannot go up and say, "Hello, you dense people!  Let's have a wedding!"  So I have to wait, be patient, and see how it all works out.

Now I suspect that some people know exactly what I need, but don't know how to let me know.  I am the dense one who does not see what is good for me.  Who better than God knows what is best for me? But God is patient, yet gives me signals when I least expect it.  Whenever I am uncomfortable, as in restless, irritable, and discontented, it means that I have not been listening to God.  Like boy meets girl, God brings me into contact with what is best for me.  I may be dating another fantasy, or chasing after my tail. God waits.
So does the monastery.  So does San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment