Saturday, November 17, 2012

Ten Lepers

Ten lepers ask Jesus to fix them.  He cures them of leprosy.  Only one comes back to say thank you.  The other nine return to society with all their other character defects in toe.  They have clean skin, but that is about it.  All other faults, noted by ingratitude, stay with them.  You think you are different?  When you woke up this morning, did you start out with gratitude for something, such as being alive?  Or was it just a lot of "suffering" that would litter your day, in your imagination?  I guarantee, you wake up without a gratitude prayer, you will surely have a lousy day.  According to the bible research, about 90% of us do this.  We look good on the outside, but are a mess within.  Gratitude changes this.  I don't even get out of bed before I thank God for the bed, the room, a work I have, not being in trouble, a roof over my head, and the health that I do have.  I say thank you for faith, for God and other stuff that are miracles in my life.  After this, it is hard to get into whining, and I am a whiner.  With gratitude, I can make it all the way to midday before whining.  Another gratitude prayer can frequently change the whining jag.  At least I have found it to be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment