Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Weather

The predict for today was "Sunny and 70."  There is no sun and it is not 70.  I am bummed as I so looked forward to this day before the next rain/freeze.  My response was, "They lied."  "Lies!"  If I were a bit less dispassionate, less affected, I might say, "They guessed wrong."  If I were totally unaffected by the weather, I would say, "The results did not verify their analysis."  Weather people analyse data and then make a predict.  They do not really guess wrong, or lie.  But the more I am affected by something that someone says or does, the more likely I am to praise or condemn them.  Notice that, the next time you cast aspersions upon someone, while someone else simply shrugs it off.  It sometimes really is all about us.

No comments:

Post a Comment