Saturday, April 28, 2018

Mayfair

The church where I live in Boulder, Colorado has a school with an annual fundraising event called, "Mayfair."  One of the items up for bid is dinner with me.  I am befuddled as to why people would bid against one another to have dinner with me since I have very little to do with the school, am an introvert, and have bouts of low social skills.  Now, I realize that one of the reasons for the bids is my blog.  People in Boulder who rarely see me, read my blog and have children in the school.  Blogs can take the place of people listening to me in church or in a class.  This is the internet at its best for helping others.  It used to be if no one came to church or a class, then I was useless as a priest.  Everything was based upon face to face.  A blog changes all that.  People can be one place and I can be another, but something I wrote on one occasion, might help them when they happen to read it.  They can be in their bathrobes and slippers, no makeup, and I can be in my jammies blogging away, but the internet connects us.  Mayfair is coming soon.  If no one bids for the dinner, then I will know to become a hermit in a cave without internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment