Sunday, March 31, 2024

Happy Easter

 This is a special day for Christians.  It is when our God beat death and rose from the dead.  Defeat, hitting the bottom with a crucifixion, was not to be the end.  While I celebrate this in my religion and my own personal life, I ask myself if I am aware in the calendar of the special days for other religions and spiritual paths?  I need to work on this.  Jews, Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists, for instance, all have special days.  In Recovery there is the celebration each year of one’s first day of sobriety or last day of giving into their addiction.  Anyway, I hope to find or have a big dinner today somewhere with friends.  The monastery has an Easter morning mass, but then since it is Sunday, their custom each Sunday is to have no meal together.  I find this yucky, so I may be elsewhere celebrating my Easter, dinner with friends.  

3 comments:

  1. I hope a get to enjoy a delicious meal with friends, Father Ryan, and happy Easter! 💫💖✨️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter!!!!✝️🕯️

    ReplyDelete