Thursday, March 28, 2024

The Trainer

 To become a better person, or at least not worse than we have become, we often need a trainer.  You can read a book or guide, but it is not the same as a person who knows your unique self.  You may not even know what you need.  The trainer does.  The trainer has the tools from their own experience, and from getting to know you, can adjust to your situation from day to day.  They coach you.  In a spiritual training you have some guide in whom you confide.  Eventually, you become a guide for someone else.  You can call it sponsorship.  If you think you are an adept or advanced, ask yourself, “Who have I helped lately?Isolation is not going to help you or others.  Oh, and today is my birthday.  I hope this blog helped someone.  

12 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Father Ryan! ✨️💖✨️🥳🎉🤗 I'm ever so thankful for you, your blog, and your light! Wishing you happy day and hugs across the miles! ❤️
    (I'm also thankful for my sponsor!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Father Terry! I hope you her some chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday and lots of cake for you. If you were in town, you could come to the Boulderado and share a meal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Fr Terry! I love your blogs… can still hear your voice and meaningful pauses from your years at John 23rd. Wishing you great blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birthday Blessings! I hope you have a wonder-full day! I love your blogs! Thanks you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Fr. Terry! May you enjoy a special day!🙏🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Terry. You are a great man.
    michael corcoran

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy, happy birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated Birthday!!! Your blogs help me every time I read them!!! I thank God for you Birth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday. Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Feliz cumpleaños, Padre Terry

    ReplyDelete