Saturday, August 29, 2026

Grateful

 Why emphasize “gratefulness” in any spiritual practice?  Well, I am a bit of a tricky guy.  When things are going well, that is, they are going my way, I tend to take credit.  Things are better, I say, because of what I do.  Magic: prayer, meditation, silence and solitude are what I did to make this a better life.  Humility?  Thanking God for all the Power?  Absent.  Then when things don’t go my way, God messed up.  God is not grateful for all my spiritual practices.  I need a new God.  And so it goes.  The miracle is that once again GRACE wins out and I am drawn back into gratitude.  Life can be what it is.  God has a plan.  So when I wake up I thank God for lots of stuff I did not make happen.  Thank you God for all my blog readers, though I might have lost some now because I fessed up.  

1 comment:

  1. You're a beacon of light and you're human. Progress not perfection is part of the journey. Thanks for being you! ❤️

    ReplyDelete