My Mon passed away this date 23 years ago. We were close. Along with my Dad, we did things together, shared events, in specific places, or just a pace of life together whenever I visited which was often. They were a meeting place for my siblings and me. The mourning was not just for the absence of my Mom in my life, but the sudden absence of things and events and a way of being, all of which was well time spent together. One should not try and replace one life too quickly with another as if to avoid the emptiness. Mourning is for just that, the emptiness. It takes energy. Mourning loss, the sadness, the tears are all part of the space needed to let go of something gone, and be with it. In time, healing time, I would later come to a sense of who I am, Mom-Less, and begin to build something of true self into those spaces. The missing never stops as my friend Marcia once told me, so wisely. But one does live on with memories that are not meant to fill the space, but simply to be part of one’s knitted life.
Friday, September 25, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a beautiful share, you really touched my heart with your wisdom and experience. Thank you, Father Ryan. 💖
ReplyDeleteOh I needed this today!!!
ReplyDelete