Saturday, September 12, 2026

Feelings

Feelings are optional.  We cannot control them.  But we need not wait for them in order to make a decision.  For instance, we can say we are sorry for something without waiting to feel sorry.  You can make an act of the will not to do whatever you are not yet sorry for.  You need not feel sorry.  Pray and decide to change.  People go to recovery meetings without feeling a desire to go.  People go to church, synagogue, ashram, temple, without feeling a desire to go.  Feelings are always optional.  I have met many a person who did not feel like going to recovery meetings anymore.  Then they drank and only bad things happened.  If I waited until I felt like writing a blog there would be many a blank day.  Or jogging for that matter.   

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking those actions each day! ❤️

    ReplyDelete