Thursday, July 11, 2019

Fruit Of The Tree

There is a wisdom saying, "A good tree bears good fruit and a rotten tree bears bad fruit."  Jesus used this saying.  You will know people by the fruits of their life.  It does not matter so much how people look, but what are the results of their actions.  Some people nourish others by their life and some bring bitterness and a bad taste.  So we might ask ourselves how much time do I spend on my appearance, how I present myself, and how much time do I spend on making sure my shortcomings don't add bitterness to the world around me?  Appearances and manner are the exterior parts of our life,  We need also to work on the interior parts.  Anything rotting, besides our aging bodies?  Accept the aging, but don't whine about it, or use it as an excuse to be helpless.  I hope most of my blogs are good fruit.  Some of them must be rotten given the pacity of responses I might get any one day.  My big Sister, Maureen, told me I was a rotten kid.  The past is past.  Work on today's fruit.

1 comment:

  1. I try to follow my mother's advice and have fruit every day. Not always successful but more times than not. Yours is in season year-around!

    ReplyDelete