Friday, August 16, 2019

Humility: Part Two

I am one to praise humility as a virtue, but it has two parts.  The first part is to admit that I cannot do something by myself.  But if that is as far as I get, there will be no real change for the better in me.  The second part of humility is to ask for help from someone who knows better than me.  Humility does not mean that I am completely helpless.  I can ask for help.  False pride does me no good.  With such pride, I continue to mess up on my own power or lack thereof.  Asking for help is the real strength of humility.  It is what leads to change for the better.  The key is not to ask someone who is as powerless, clueless and disfunctional as me, but someone who I see can be a real help.  I can ask god for help, but then sometimes God works through another person who can show me the way from their own practice of doing things the right way, the way out of bondage to self.

No comments:

Post a Comment