Tuesday, November 19, 2019

The Parasites

In the movie, "The Parasites" there is a conversation in which the family who is poor, agrees that they would be "nice" if they had all the advantages of the rich family they are using for their own ends.  They have this conversation as they sit in the home of a rich family, who are away, and eat all the food and drink they want while in this lap of luxury.  But they do not become nice.  They do not help those who ask for it.  They think only of themselves.  They think the rich wife is nice only because she has all the material things needed to make niceness.  Maybe her niceness does not come from money.  As we see in the movie, miserable, unhappy people spread their misery around.  So when I say I am unhappy because I lack some material conmfort, some work success, or plans unfulfilled, I might need to be reminded that my unhappiness probably comes from within.

No comments:

Post a Comment