Thursday, December 5, 2019

Obstacles

If God is so good then why are there things getting in the way of my being comfortable?  I mean, just when I feel comfortable, something crops up that makes me uncomfortable.  Doesn’t my God, this Power, want me to be comfortable?  Well maybe not.  What if the goal is not so much “constant comfort” as it is “growth.”  Do I grow when I am comfortable?  Generally not.  I kick back and try to float along with little effort.  I slacken off whatever helped me feel comfortable.  I stop growing.  So I have begun to look at things that bother me as possible means to growth.  I go back to my toolbox kit of things and practices that helped me to feel comfortable in the past.  Often, I find that the cause of the discomfort is fixable. It is in me.  Outside issues can be troublesome, no doubt.  How I respond to them is what I call my side of the street.  My God will help me there.  I need fixin’ and I cannot do it alone.  The world may need fixing too, but if I am not in a good space, I will become part of the problem.  Obstacles?  Here I come, and I do not come alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment