Monday, January 13, 2020

Choices

Doing my best is not the same as doing what I have to do.  I believe that we have choices in spite of bad stuff happening over which we seem to have little control.  We have to adjust to survive.  Think of catastrophic weather in which everyone is endangered and stuff is being destroyed.  One person decides to “travel light” and be helpful to those around them, not worrying so much about their own stuff being washed away or destroyed.  Another person decides to loot.  The looter might say, “I don’t have much at all, so I am doing what I have to do.”  The one who has something and is losing it, does their best to help another.  When I do my best, my world is better for it even though there is a lot of mess and loss around me.  When I “do what I have to do,” it is so often around fear, jealousy, selfishness and resentment.  I do my best with my blogs, though some of them are trash.  I try never to have to do them.

1 comment:

  1. Thankful to have enough serenity through my program to actually see I have a choice today. I didn't see my choices before.

    ReplyDelete