Friday, January 22, 2016

Repair Stage

I am in the process of getting an old crown removed and a gold crown inserted.  When the old crown is taken out, I am given a fake tooth as temporary.  The real crown comes later.  The fake tooth looks real and acts like a real tooth as long as I remember that it is fake and don't eat real crunchy and sticky foods.  I am in the process of repair, which means that I am not yet ready for all foods.  In life, when we are recovering from something that is broken or unbalanced in ourselves, we go through a period of repair in which we limit what we do.  We are not well enough to do all things, "save the world," fix all damage.  When people are newly joining a church or a 12 step program, they are encouraged to do only a few essential things.  Don't try to do too much all at once.  We are not yet ready to chew and digest all of life.  Don't get dilusional in your new spiritual practices.  Patience. I know. It is a difficult virtue. I cannot wait for my gold crown.

No comments:

Post a Comment