Friday, September 27, 2024

Yesterday

 Don’t try to capture yesterday.  You had a good meditation yesterday?  Or just a good day?  It is past.  Whatever the reason for a good yesterday, it does not guarantee today.  So I try to think of myself as a newcomer, and indeed this is my first time in today.  A newcomer is open to new things.  A newcomer does not try to keep living their past.  A newcomer may have goals but is open to what others have to say, their experience.  So a newcomer is a listener, not judgmental.  Be open to surprise and to new information, especially if it does not fit what you have known in your past.  Instead as judging people, I try to find out why they said, do or think something of which I have no knowledge or a different experience.  People tend to open up if they think I am listening and care.  Be a newcomer every day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment