Thursday, August 6, 2026

The Fall

 I go out to run in the early morning darkness to avoid pollution and traffic.  My mind tells me to wear a light strapped to the cap I am wearing.  It would shine on the ground in front of me so I would see obstructions, ruts, stones, branches in the running path.  But I say “No.”  I got this.  I don’t need a light.  I know the roads.  So I go out and run.  Just as I pick up the pace, my full speed, I trip over something I did not see in the dark.  I fall.  I am cut up and bleeding.  It is pride goeth before the fall.  I have enough spiritual practice to know the right thing to do, but not enough to do it.  

2 comments:

  1. I really hope that you are okay! ❤️ (I have also ignored that little voice inside before and it didnt turn out well for me either. Progress not perfection, I suppose.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope that you are okay! ❤️ (I have also ignored that little voice inside before and it didnt turn out well for me either. Progress not perfection, I suppose.)

    ReplyDelete