Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Spirituality Workshop in Boulder
Fr. Terry Ryan, CSP will be back in Boulder in February for a workshop!
Strangers to the City: A Spirituality Workshop
Based upon a book by Fr. Michael Casey, OCSO, this workshop will look at wisdom learned in monastic settings that would benefit lay people in the everyday world of work, family, social engagements.
“Like what,” you might ask?
1) There is less focus on self-realization and more on self-transcendence.
2) A discipline in a prayer life is to help us let go of an ego-centered self-will.
3) I become more fully who I truly am made to be, through my relationship with others.
4) Retirement was not for the purpose of being less busy with work, but to simplify and de-clutter our life.
5) We are intended for union with God.
These are just some of the issues the workshop will explore.
Saturday, February 7 9:00 AM to Noon
Sacred Heart of Jesus Junior High Library
In the school building on Mapleton, between 13th and 14th Street, Boulder
Coffee and treats begin at 9:00 AM. The workshop is free, but a $10 donation is suggested. For more information, contact Michelle Anderson at 303-442-6158 x 112.