Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy? Mother's Day

Well, sometimes it is not so happy.  My Mom is dead, so that makes for a change of focus to say the least.  So I try to wish Mom's I know who are doing a heroic job, Happy Mother's Day.  My two sisters would be examples.  They are Moms.  But say you are a mom living under a bridge due to drugs, alcohol, deadbeat spouses, poverty.  Maybe not so happy.  What would I say to these people should I meet them?  "You gave your child life.  You will always be a Mom."  What if you aborted and now feel not so good about that, or just wonder where that little fetus might be, if anywhere?  I might say, "The past cannot be changed, but you can be a nurturing person to another who feels lost, pregnant, frightened, trying to recover from addictions."  And children who hate their Moms for what Mom did or did not do.  "They gave you life.  Be grateful with a Thank you for that."  Mother's Day can be a time to help people deal with their miseries, regrets, guilt and shame, as well as rejoice for our blessings.  What a great day to be of service or ask for help along the way.  Oh, and Happy Mother's Day to my big sister, Maureen, in purgatory.  She practiced being a Mom on her little brother.  Her expertise came much later, unfortunately for me.   But I was ordained 40 years ago today, Mother's Day.  Boy, was my Irish Catholic Mom beaming.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for saying "yes" to God's call to the priesthood. And thank you for your blog - it nourishes me daily. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr.Agbazara is a great man,this doctor help me to bring back my lover Jenny Williams who broke up with me 2year ago with his powerful spell casting and today she is back to me so if you need is help contact him on email: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) or call/WhatsApp +2348104102662. And get your problem solve like me.

      Delete
  2. I often say that I was a perfect mother before I had kids. This blog's perspective is a gift for me on Mother's Day. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I contact Dr.Agbazara when i had of him and This was even faster than I could dream of. Thank you for taking time to listen to me and answering all my emails Dr.Agbazara. I feel emotional strong again. My confidence is back and I can see my future clearly now. I am forever grateful for your help in re-uniting me with my lover who divorced and left me years ago for another woman. you will see for your self what am saying when you contact this great spell caster called Dr.Agbazara on for any help at: (agbazara@gmail.com) OR call or add on WHATSAPP: +2348104102662 ) and get your problems solved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All thanks to Dr Ogudugu just contacted this man after my husband of about 4years left me and to my surprise it took this man just 3days to bring him back to Dr Ogudugu his the best spell caster around to solve any problem for you.
    {1} HIV/AIDS
    {2CANCER
    {3}HERPES
    {4}DIABETES
    (5}HERPERTITIS B

    Email: GREATOGUDUGU@GMAIL.COM
    Call/WhatsApp:+27663492930

    ReplyDelete