Sunday, July 26, 2026

Monotony

 Prayer can be monotonous.  Why?  So as to give us to the practice of persistence.  Persistence is the answer to any hidden cross we carry in our prayer life.  If you do things only when you feel like doing them, you will get little done.  Prayer, and recovery can be pleasing and interesting, but just not always.  Not much growth if we only do things when we want.  A relationship with God is not always satisfying.  God is not in your life to fill up your feelings or imagination.  God is in your life to change you for the better.  If God suffered monotony when I don’t change, then I would be in a very bad way.  So if God can put up with our indifference, tepidness, and lack of faith, then I think we can put up with a little less whoopee in prayer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment