Friday, February 22, 2013

My Sponsor

In 12 Step Programs, one is supposed to have a sponsor, someone you check in with on a regular basis and dialogue.  I see my spiritual life as one of constant recovery from craziness.  God is my sponsor in this recovery.  Each day I have to check in with God, to stay on the spiritual path, and not wander off to craziness.  Prayer is the check in time.  Now I don't have to talk to God about how I am doing.  God already knows.  What I have to do in this prayer check in is to listen.  My prayer is more meditative and less  about my thoughts and words.  Sometimes, God speaks in words of a book, scripture for instance.  But generally, I start out with silence and trying not to pay attention to whatever is floating around in my crazy mind.  It is best if I check in two times a day.  Now, sometimes my sponsor calls me.  This is called intuition or enlightenment, or surprise.  Whenever I put off getting in touch with my sponsor, I am going to end up having a crazy day.  Sometimes it will creep up on me, the craziness, and sometimes it just builds.  If you are not crazy, I guess you don't need a sponsor.  Now that sounds crazy to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment