Saturday, October 21, 2017

My Will

Why is it that "my will" does not seem to be able to get done what it wills?  It has been pointed out to me that there might not be enough "my" in "my will."  It is as if I am sharing my will with someone else or some other power, energy, or force greater than myself.  Example: A student says that she is going to study over the weekend, get some school projects done.  Use the school break time to finish up some things or get ahead of the assignments.  The weekend comes to an end, the break is over and what got done in the school work?  Nada!  Though you might flunk out or get poor grades, or lose your job or lose your promotion, there might be some good news yet.  Why not reject fumbling and stumbling along in life?  Begin to reject mediocrity.  Admit that you are helpless to do what you say you want to do, as in the above situation.  This is a condition for holiness: honesty, helplessness or powerlessness to function as you want on "my will" power.  For me, the next thing is to believe that some power can do what I cannot do.  I call it God.  It surely is not me, whatever it be called.  So then I pray like this: "God, you can.  I cannot.  Transform me."  I do not ask that "my will" be done, since perhaps my will longs for things that are not good for me.  It is a slow process, but it starts with failure.  We are all familiar with that. Perfect people don't read my blogs.  I should be teaching this in schools!...be it God's will.

No comments:

Post a Comment