Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Fantasy

Fantasy is a commercial that interrupts our being present to the moment. It interrupts our real life. Real life is a process of becoming awakened to who we truly are in God's plan. God made me a unique image of God. My ego says I am unique, but that is not the same thing. A life run on ego will be full of fantasy, as well as resentment, whining, self-centeredness, and selfish willfulness. An awakened life will be Love, but with a cross. Awakened I am less selfish. I am concerned about the world beyond my plans. I am of service which might inconvenience me. So there is the cross when I love.

I think fantasy is ultimately the way of the cowardly and lazy person. It is so easy to let go to the imagination to set me free from the struggles's and the hard work of real life, of the process of transformation. Television reality shows feed fantasy. They are anything but reality for the viewer. Hollywood is the ultimate fantasy feeder. A little escape now and again can be refreshing. Just know that it is only a refreshment, not the main course.

1 comment:

  1. Loving all your little bits of wisdom. They give me something to ponder the rest of the day and in all of the hubbub I haven't yet thanked you. Thanks. Miss you and already looking forward to another summer of Post Eucharist Eucharist. Haven't found anyone/any parish yet.... In the meantime we have books and friends. And, of course, Jesus.

    ReplyDelete