Sunday, November 27, 2011

Waiting

On the airplane I wait for the attendant to come along with the peanuts and ask if I would like something to drink. I wait with some expectation. I look forward to it. I know that it will happen any minute now.

On the other hand I wait for the church roof to be repaired. I do not wait with any expectation. I have no idea when it will happen. I dread the inconvenience it causes while we are unable to make use of the church for our worship services. I expect the worse. I expect endless delays.

Which one of these two ways of waiting approximates my waiting for the return of the Glorified Christ? I mean, I am waiting, yes?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, but the masses in the parish center chapel are lovely and warm and wonderful, no?
    Welcome home Father, we all missed you.

    ReplyDelete