Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My Burden

At times, I am made aware of my most grievous faults. I feel a sense of shame and guilt. This awareness usually comes when I am doing some spiritual reading. I suddenly realize how precious and loving Jesus is. I had been ignoring him, or committing the fault upon which the writer is focused. I am ashamed at how thankless and thoughtless I am.

It all seems like such a burden that weighs me down at that moment. Cannot someone come and lift this burden from me and carry it on their shoulders? Oh, wait. Someone did that. The place was Calvary. Love the one on the Cross and stop focusing on my wretchedness. Well, this is turning out to be a pretty good day.

1 comment:

  1. Father Terry, You express here exactly how I feel; inadaquate and ashamed to call myself a follower of Christ. I seek transformation, to be a disciple of Christ yet I'm the coward that hides his rosary in his pocket when passing strangers on the sidewalk.
    On All Saints Day, seeking transformation, I pray for the Lord's yoke...and wait.

    ReplyDelete