Monday, July 28, 2014

Maverick

Now and again something happens and I feel in touch with my mortality, the fact that I am aging.  James Garner died recently.  He was "Maverick" the cool gambling guy on TV when I was growing up.  He was forever young.  He had the same look each weekly show.  Things changed around me, but not Maverick.  How did he ever get to be 86?  The shows of my youth kept everything the same.  The more soffisticated type of TV came later, after the 60s.  Maverick was eternity on TV.  Do you ever get reality and entertainment mixed up?  I guess I do, or did.  Anyway, I miss Maverick.  

4 comments:

  1. Our favorite family show!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S.Just noticed that TCM-Turner Classic Movies ch.501 is showing JamesGarner movies starting at 6 this evening He was always Maverick in all his roles

      Delete
  2. James Garner was a great guy , very humble .
    I felt my mortality too just as you are stating in this blog .
    I agree !

    ReplyDelete