Saturday, September 30, 2017

Chemical Peace Of Mind

What do opioids give you? Chemical peace of mind...for a while.  The problem is that this chemical peace of mind, for which you think you have a right, lasts only for a time.  When that time runs out, you have used up the right, and now slide into addiction and away from any peace.  You have abused the chemical. I have taken pain killers for surgical pain.  But the pain for surgery goes on for a short time.  So the pills are for short time use.  I would not want "extra" or "more" just in case.  The solution to chronic pain is not chronic opioids.  Addiction does not solve chronic pain.  And some people never know that they just took too much on any one day.  Why?  They are dead...from overdose.  I am not pontificating that I have some tough guy solution.  I just know what is not the solution.  I have dealt with pain to some success, by talking to someone, picking up that heavy cell phone or land line, drinking lots of water, walking/stretching/yoga, reaching out to be of service.  None of these things addicted or killed me.  Now I have to go to take the ice pack off my shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment