Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Mom Power

I mentioned, in a recent blog, that I needed a Mom.  Well, lo and behold, yesterday was the 14th anniversary of my Mom's death.  Yesterday, I was on the phone with someone for whom I was going to do some work in Texas.  In passing, he asked me what the plane fare was so he could reimburse me.  I looked at the reservation that I had made last May, and to my dismay and surge in blood pressure, I noticed that the reservation for the Austin, Texas departure to Oakland did not say Austin departure.  I had made the departure city, DENVER!!! Yikes.  If he had not asked the cost, I would not have noticed this error and been standing, clueless, at the Austin Airport wondering where my flight status was on the departure board.  My Mom, though dead now for 14 years, is still about watching over her son and his fading mental capacity.  This is one of the reasons I believe in life after death.  Thank you Mom, wherever you are.  Of course, she is not in purgatory, where you know who is.  Did that big sister influence me to make the error in the first place?

No comments:

Post a Comment