Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cat Eyes

A black cat sits on a ledge across the driveway from my room. I watch cat. Suddenly cat turns around on the ledge and looks intently into the neighbor's yard. It sees something. I look too. I see nothing. Nothing is moving. How can cat see and I cannot? Cat has better eyes. And cat is looking for something.

My soul has cat eyes. Soul is searching and can see what my body eyes cannot see. I fail to "see" my soul's hunger for God. I only feel a certain dis-ease, unsettledness. My soul sees the presence of God and tries to focus on that presence, while my body goes about doing this and that activity which fails to satisfy the hunger of the soul.

Soul cannot directly speak to me and say, "Look". The language of soul is silence. I am blind until the emptiness of food that does not fill bothers me too much to ignore it any longer. But by then I am a wreck. What a silly way to live. Busy and empty at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment