Sunday, January 8, 2012

God's Body

God does not want to have a body. The old time gods wanted bodies but could not have them. They were gods. That is why they like blood sacrifices, so some tribes thought. The gods did not have blood so we gave them some of ours.

But the Abba God of Jesus is satisfied to remain Spirit and invisible, but would like to experience human life through a human body. My body is a gift from God so that I can give it back to God in the way I live. My life can give enjoyment to God if I live it in a loving and giving way. If I am not too sure of how to do this, I have Jesus as an example.

When I have the gift of friendship is is because my friend wants to enjoy life through my uniques gifts and talents and personality. If I am selfish, self-centered, unkind and generally whining, I am a gift for no one. I seem to behave better when I think this way, and worse when I focus only on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment