Monday, January 16, 2012

Golden Globes

I might need new life. I am watching the movie and TV award show with all the glamour. I know little to nothing of most of the movies. I know nothing about the TV shows or the people winning all these awards. I used to know all this stuff. What happened to me? Am I irrelevant?

Well, I spend summers in a monastery. I read. I go to bed earlier than I used to. If one goes to bed early they cannot be looking at much TV. Oh, and I don't have a TV. If you know all these Tv shows and movies, have you read any books lately? Getting enough sleep? I think maybe I will keep my life.

1 comment:

  1. Father Terry, I have a TV, with a digital recorder... I STILL don't know any of the shows, and I don't know most of the names of the "winners".

    I'm working my way through "Witness to Hope", John Paul II's biography (at over 1,000 pages it's a healthy read.) I know most of what is going on geo-politically. I wish I had paid more attention then, because I'm seeing the results now. I also hope I'm paying enough attention now to know what the effects will be in 20 years.

    Next up is either Seven Story Mountain, or Interior Castle. I used to be able to have five or six books going at once and keep track of them all. I'm afraid to try that with what I'm reading these days.

    ReplyDelete