Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Look Where?

Recently someone said I should turn my eye glasses around. Weird, I thought. Suddenly, I realized what he meant. We wear eye glasses to see better the world out there. I was seeing all the faults and mess in people, places, and situations. My response was to whine, criticize and complain. I was unhappy, others were unhappy, and no one took my advice. Things did not change out there.

Turn my glasses around and take a better look at me, is what the fellow meant. I began to see better my own faults. I needed to work on me. Well, alone, I tried to work on me. I got no better. Daily resolutions, will-power, discipline, all seemed to come up short. I needed a daily booster. God is that for me. I find the boost in prayer, reading, and talking or listening to someone talk about issues that are like mine. As long as I begin the day, or soon into the day, focus on my faults, i.e. look within, that world out there seems not to make me so crazy. I lower expectations for you, but raise hopes for me. I see better on those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment