Saturday, April 28, 2012

Trust

Today I ran a trail new to me.  It had a lot of hills and seemed to go on forever.  I ran very slowly with much effort up the many hills.  I felt that I had nothing today, no zip. I ran last, way behind the group.  Coming back I was not sure of the way.  But I kept going and going.  Is this not like our spiritual life?  Somedays we feel that we have nothing.  We feel a bit alone and lost.  These are the days that we just keep going forward, one step at a time.  The mind says to give up.  The body says, "No mas!" but the will is key.  The spiritual life in these moments relies on the will, the lonely will.  It has no support from body or mind.  All else says to quit, give up this God stuff.  Whine!  So I decide to pray, do a good deed with no desire to do so.  This is why I do the long hard runs.  It trains the will.  Oh!  The trail was beautiful.  I would have missed that if I had quit too soon to see the beauty that awaited me over yet one more hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment