Sunday, April 22, 2012

The What?

When you meet the love of your life it is an encounter that can change you and continue to change you as long as you see this person as the love of your life. If they eventually become referenced as "The wife," or The husband," then they become one of the things in your life. You could change the word "the" to "my" but it becomes one more thing you have, like my car or my cell phone or my job. We sometimes say, "My God" like it is something we own. John's Gospel says that God is Love. God is a verb. Verbs are always acting. God is always at work ready to change our lives if we can see the relationship as "The Love of My Life." We would pay a lot of attention and spend much time communing with such a God, just as we would with a person who is our great love. If someone asks me if I believe in God, I think I will say, "I believe in Love." That might lead to a very good conversation about faith.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for this blog...sure do miss you! Hope you are well!

    candy in Jacksonville

    ReplyDelete