Monday, April 2, 2012

The Passion

I have been reading the passion of Jesus according to Mark. Boy, did he pick a bunch of losers to be his followers and future leaders of the Community. They were cowards, a betrayer, a liar, and all disloyal. I bet there were some in the community who thought, "Couldn't we have gotten better than this?" So what was God thinking when these fellows were chosen? I don't know what God thinks, but it makes me think about my complaining about today's Church leaders. They have so many faults, in my opinion of course, but no more faults than the original prototypes. So if Jesus wanted the original Twelve or Apostles, and they were good enough for him, then maybe I better accept what we have today. We do believe in Grace, right? Jesus' followers did change. The Holy Spirit is at work, just not according to my plan.

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts.. or rather, "interesting" thoughts. As a newbie, I am surprised by the actions of Jesus' apostles. It is shocking. But in hindsight it seems like it brings Christianity to the people because we are not perfect. Inspiring and disturbing.

    ReplyDelete