Monday, November 23, 2015

Hell

Is there a Hell?  Many people seem to think not.  But I think that there has to be a place that honors our free choices.  God is a Gentle God and has given us free will, though mine often seems to be bound by so many bad habits.  I know people who are given a path of happiness, but seem to choose some other way that brings them misery.  Eventually, they seem to deliver some of their misery to others.  Now science seems to be saying that they had a chemical imbalance so they could not choose the truly good path for themselves.  If so, is there not a spiritual imbalance in which we cannot choose the correct path?  Try avoiding all spiritual practice, to include loving actions on behalf of others.  Be selfish and self-imploded.  Misery will be yours, chemical imbalance or not.  If I die with a spiritual imbalance, or the lack of any spiritual maturity, will I not be given a choice by God for the next stage of my existence, should there be such an entity. I tend to believe there is an afterlife, and I will choose misery yet again, since this is how I managed or mismanaged my life up until then.  God will honor my choice yet again as God did in this life.  So there has to be a place or state of being for bad choices.  I call it hell.  I am trying to avoid it each day.  I did a lot of bad choices, but thought them good ideas.  Such people like me need a spiritual program, direction, and guides.  Left to my own devices I will have a spiritual imbalance.  Maureen said I was hopeless.  I  hope not.

2 comments:

  1. Father Terry, I HAVE A FEELING YOU WILL LAND IN HEAVEN, IN SPITE OF YOUR PERIODS OF SELF LOATHING. GOD KNOWS YOU BETTER THAN YOU DO.
    CONNIE.

    ReplyDelete