Saturday, August 24, 2019

Barricades

Someone mentioned the barricades we put up without evening noticing them, that keep out the holy mystery from effecting our lives.  Some of the barricades are, compulsive busyness, mindless routine and endless clutter in our lives.  In these few days that I am in Boulder, I am guilty of all three barricades.  I seem to set the tone for the day, and it is full of stuff, the “to do” list.  Even when I carve out or stumble into some “free” and “quiet” time, I am thinking of the important thing that I am not doing. As if my quiet time were not important.  My closet and room is filled with stuff that needs to go or be stored somewhere else.  “Storing” usually means I am not ready to get rid of something until I finally accept that I will never use it or need it again.  I did give away three pair of shoes, and boxes of books.  I found books I forgot I had that I was going to read because they were “important” books.  And so it goes.  I like the idea of “God the Thief.”  Come God and steal away all the barricades I put up to keep you out. Sure as heck I do not have the power.

No comments:

Post a Comment