Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Drowning In Possibilities

I saw the phrase, “Drowning in a sea of possibilities.”  Just think of all the images flashing on your digital devices, or the list of household stuff, or jog stuff, or people stuff, or exercise stuff, that keep waving at you for attention, NOW!  So manny groups want you to volunteer for stuff.  You have stick-em notes on your refrigerator, with magnets.  Options harden into imperatives and we become paralyzed.  What to do?  I find that I have to ask myself am I being true to who I am?  Meditation grounds me in a truer me and not in the must-do list that comes from someone else, or from my fear-based, ego-centric, control-driven, judgmental self.    Left to myself, no spiritual energy, my fallback position is “Crazy.” I live someone else’s “to do” agenda, or pay attention to a voice of shame and guilt.  That qualifies as “Crazy.”   I meditate often out of desperation, or at times, to avoid crazy.  If my blog is becoming one of the possibilities in which you are drowning I could be part of the problem and not the solution.  Tell me it isn’t so!

1 comment:

  1. It isn't so, Fr. Terry ��
    And I particularly liked yesterday's The Nothing Prayer. Good one, but I would be very surprised to hear that from any pulpit.

    ReplyDelete