Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Union

I do pray for others.  Many people ask me to pray for them or someone else.  So I have my daily prayer list.  But I find this is not enough for me.  I see prayer as having a dimension of non-duality, or the aspect of Union with this Power or Mystery with whom I am relating.  When I petition for someone, there is the someone, then the God, and then me.  Lots of duality here and that is OK.  But it is all about my will, or the will of the one who asked.  So I try to add, each day, a time of mediation in which I say, “Your will be done.”  It is a no petition time.   No requests or complaints or suggestion box.  Just sit, ignore thoughts, breathe into the present moment.  Not always easy.  But I often feel more connected, more quiet, and a sense of Presence after the mediation.  Works for me.

1 comment: