Thursday, February 13, 2020

Cancer Report

So I had a polyp removed from my colon and it was sent off to the lab.  I get this colonoscopy exam every five years. A week later, a live person calls from the doctor’s office and says, “How are you?”  How am I?  My heart is in my throat and hardly beating.  I am waiting to hear that my life is over.  Please don’t start out with chit chat.  I would prefer, “Fr. Ryan you are cancer free.  This is the doctor’s office.”  Then we can do nice, pleasant talking.  She can tell me what the name of the polyp is and that I will have this done again in five years.  All good.  I talk the talk of hope, faith, God has my back, but I walk the walk of gloom and doom when it comes to biopsy reports.  But for now I am good to go for another five years.  This could mean endless blogs.

2 comments:

  1. HOORAY! To being cancer free and to to endless blogs!!! :) Yippee! We sure do love you and rejoice with you. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your angst. I am a polyp factory and have to have the colonoscopy every three years. The joys of growing older.

    ReplyDelete