Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Suffering In Silence

Some people suffer depression and anxiety in silence.  This means that they may not let on either in word or expression.  So what might I do with this thought in mind for today?  Well, maybe try for some more meaningful encounter with each person I run into, rather than a “Hello, how are you,” as I walk by.  They may simply say, “Fine,” since they don’t think I would care, or am too busy for them, or, if they are a silent sufferer, will go on silently suffering.  Make my encounters an attempt to be more meaningful or compassionate.  I am often in a hurry to complete some less important task than being of service to another suffering human being.  Today, I will be getting a colonoscopy.  How am I doing?  “Fine!” 😇

No comments:

Post a Comment