Tuesday, February 11, 2020

God Feelings?

If you believe in a God, does your God have feelings?  You might say yes, because God loves you.  But love is an action, that does not require a feeling.  A lot of people may feel love, but they don’t act in a loving manner because they are unable to act with anyone’s self-interest in mind but their own.  I think of God as beyond all feelings and thoughts.  My God is love, an action poured onto me even when I am most unlovable in my shortcomings.  At my best, I love even when I do not feel love.  A person asks me to do something that I don’t want to do simply because I am into myself, but I say yes anyway.  This is what makes me a loving person.  Feelings pass and are usually more self-serving as in adolescent love.  But you Christians might have a leg up on God feeling love.  As I recall, Jesus is supposed to be God and he rose from the dead.  But what rose was a body.  Bodies car feel love, and the truly transformed body, and in this case, a resurrected one, can feel and act out that feeling.  So when Jesus ascended to heaven, he did so with a  body.  So now, God can feel love.  I thought this all up by myself, not in a book.  So if heresy, it is all mine.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful thought you have penned down! Loved reading your post. God is certainly above all the humanly feelings. He’s the most kind and forgiving. https://www.ceraonline.org

    ReplyDelete