Sunday, February 23, 2020

Taking Inventory

The phrase, “taking inventory” refers to looking at shortcomings, bad habit, defects of character to see what needs work.  I do this frequently.  Unfortunately, I do it of others much less than of myself.  I think I am very good at judging the faults and shortcomings of others and know what should be done, unless I think they are helpless and hopeless to change.  What people say, how they look or sit or talk, and I have the list of their mess.  When I do get around to my own faults, this is one of the first ones I seem to notice.  A daily examination of conscience in the evening, if not a daily spot check catches me at this bad behavior.  So I don’t often go to sleep or to bed with resentments or anger or muttering to myself.  Unless of course I am muttering to myself about how I keep doing the same old, same old.  At this point the only people I think should burn are those who don’t park between the lines at grocery store, mall and church parking lots.  But I am working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment