Saturday, June 17, 2023

Prayer List

Do you have a prayer list?  People for whom you pray on a daily basis? Now you might scoff at such a thing.  Think your prayers are powerless to help someone else?  I have a daily prayer list.  When I pray for this list of people it gets me out of myself and my personal concerns.  I think of others.  I reconnect with them each day as I pray.  Then from time to time, since I recall on a daily basis their situation, I might contact them to ask how they are doing.  Maybe they are lonely at that very moment.  God is at work in inspiring me to make the contact.  Phone, letter, email, Internet, it can all work.  What if people actually heal a little bit faster and better when they know others care about them?  Prayer has lots of power of which I need not know.  But I trust and have hope.  A better way than despair, self-centeredness, and isolation.   Life is a "we" and not a "me."

No comments:

Post a Comment