Monday, June 19, 2023

Step Seven

 I humbly pray that God remove the the shortcomings of others.  OK, this might not be the exact wording of step seven, but it is more often, my sentiment.  If only people would shape up and act like I know they should, I would have no resentments.  I would have a good day, happy, joyous and free!  What is the problem with this solution, besides that it does not work?  I forget that people have limitations.  It is part of being human.  Some limitations come from our upbringing, from the same parents, teachers, and environment.  Stuff happens.  Trauma, events, lifestyles, habits, all develop from circumstances.  We are human, and therefore "with limits."  If I stop having expectations, or stop asking people to act a certain way, so I can be happy, then this might be a better step in the right direction.  My happiness is no one else's job, even if they had moments of "correct" behavior.  So maybe I will work on my own shortcomings asking God for help to remove these.  

No comments:

Post a Comment