Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Cyd

Forty years ago I was a stockbroker in San Francisco, dating a young lady named Cyd.  I had decided to become a Paulist priest or at least to go 3000 miles across the country to begin the training.  My male friends had laughed at me.  They thought it ludicrous.  I was not getting much support there.  I do admit I was not the pious type.  I did not know how Cyd would take it when I told her.  She did not laugh, or ridicule me, get angry or try and talk me out of it.  She accepted it at a time when I needed my decision to be accepted by someone who knew me.

Here was this young lady, not a Catholic, or particularly church oriented, who God used as a way to send "Grace" to me through her.  Through her God was saying, "yes" to me.  Each of us can serve God's plans in ways that we do not know.  No one is beyond God.  All of us are important in God's plans.  I remember all this now, because Cyd just found me through Goggle.  Goggle has made it a smaller world, but God is still the mystery.  God works in mysterious and wondrous ways.  Do you not have people who were instruments in your life becoming what it is now?  They are grace, God's way of loving you to become who you are supposed to be.

1 comment: