Thursday, July 26, 2012

Dosage

My muscle was cramping.  It turns out I was not taking my magnesium.  I need a daily dosage of magnesium, and the monastery does not seem to have any.  Well, I have some now.  I think that my soul cramps if I don't take a daily dosage of prayer.  What is the result of a cramped soul?  One or more of the seven deadly sins begins to rule our lives.  I would add an eighth.  Whining.  It might be a man thing, or so my woman friends tell me.  When I get my dosage of meditation, I seem to whine less, even though the world does not make me the center of attention.  With prayer, my threshold of pain and frustration goes up.  I am more accepting, less resentful, and a more pleasant person.  So why would you dump prayer on a daily basis?  Insanity?

No comments:

Post a Comment