Sunday, August 5, 2012

Summer

We are on the edge of Summer, the Fall edge of Summer.  Being outdoors so much of the time, we are aware of the slight change of temperature and moisture.  There is a breeze, and it is not hot or wet.  This signals that the heat of Summer is over in the mountains.  Winter is far down the road, and true Fall is a bit aways too.  When I used to work indoors most of the day, I had to go outside just to remind myself that there is an outside.

It is that way with prayer.  It is a whole life experience, but if I live my life "inside" as in self-centered plans and programs, I might forget that there is a spiritual side.  I need to go outside myself to be reminded of this spiritual side of me.  Then I discover love, caring, compassion, and maybe even humility.  One never knows until one goes to that world where you are not its center.  

No comments:

Post a Comment