Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Wrong Thinking

A religious leader said that we "wrong thinkers," who don't follow the faith, are un-evangelizing.  I think he means that we are turning people away from the church, because of our unorthodox notions.  I cannot think of anyone who said to me that they left the church or were turned off to the church because of my thinking or unorthodox notions.  But I do know of many who said they left or were turned off by hierarchy, and priests yelling/complaining about the "laity." So who is doing the un-evangelizing?  Who is emptying the pews?

2 comments:

  1. Dear Fr. Terry,
    Heaven and earth meet at the Snowmass Monastery, but where does one find Christ in the town of Boulder? Paul says that if we ask for the Spirit, it will be given to us. This old Catholic boy seeks, but he does not find.
    A stranger to the city

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you really think they would tell you if you were the one that drove them out of the church?

    ReplyDelete