Friday, December 13, 2013

Cold Kills Business

I teach in a room in San Francisco that has no heat.  It went to the mid 30's with wind chill this past Saturday, when I taught for three hours.  I brought in two heaters.  It took the whole three hours to get the the heat from 62 to 66 degrees.  They are good heaters.  People kept their coats on.  When they walked out into the next room where we had our "hot" coffee, it was even colder.  The bathrooms were chilling experiences too.  Why no heat?  It is a church with a very small congregation, and a small collection.  We watch the news in the cold and eat in a cold dining room.  When San Francisco is having a more mild climate in the 50s and 60s, we survive.  This morning it was 30 degrees outside, a little warmer inside, but not by much.  I am getting a lot of days off from my expected time in purgatory.  See, people suffer here in San Francisco.  So be be so jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment